GPGME TODO list old items

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Wed Mar 7 10:30:52 CET 2018

Hi all,
	So I'm trying to tidy up some of the ancient things and make
the GPGME TODO list a thing that is both worth checking and
achievable.

My current targets for marking off or removing or whatever is most
relevant are these three items listed under "GPG breakage" (edited
slightly for clarity):

    ** gpg 1.4.2 lacks error reporting if sign/encrypt with revoked
    key.

    ** gpg 1.4.2 does crappy error reporting (namely none at all) when
       smart card is missing for sign operation:
	[GNUPG:] CARDCTRL 4
	gpg: selecting openpgp failed: ec=6.110
	gpg: signing failed: general error
	[GNUPG:] BEGIN_ENCRYPTION 2 10
	gpg: test: sign+encrypt failed: general error

    ** Without agent and with wrong passphrase, gpg 1.4.2 enters into
    an infinite loop.

GPG 1.4.2 was a *long* time ago, so my questions are:

 1. Have these been fixed, but not marked off?

 2. If they haven't been fixed, do we really care any more?

 3. Should we mark them as done, won't fix or just cut them from the
    TODO file?

Regards,
Ben