Multiple readers with scdaemon

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed May 9 02:11:53 CEST 2018

Laurent Bigonville <bigon at bigon.be> wrote:
> Are there any plans to support multiples readers?

When you can disable PC/SC, multiple readers are supported by the
internal CCID driver of scdaemon (through libusb, directly).

Currently, I don't have a specific plan to support multiple readers with
PC/SC.  There are different PC/SC implementations, I mean, the one of
Windows, the one of macOS, and pcsc-lite+libccid.  In this situation, it
is a bit harder for me to introduce new feature to scdaemon with PC/SC.
I could test with pcsc-lite, but major users of scdaemon with PC/SC are
on Windows or macOS.

And it seems for me that PC/SC is not actively developed on Windows and
macOS.  If it is the case, I'd like to put my energy to the internal
CCID driver.

BTW, I'm curious if the internal CCID driver can be used on Windows and
macOS.