org-babel bug and python docs

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:10:47 CEST 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Ben McGinnes <ben at adversary.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>         So I've discovered an annoying bug (as if there's any other
> kind) in org-mode's babel output.
>
> Specifically that babel appears to break Python code examples in which
> there are nested indent blocks.  It's fine with the first level of
> indentation, but does not honour subsequent levels of indentation.

I checked it out of curiosity, and it seems that there is a mix of tabs
and white-spaces on the source code.
https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gpgme/browse/master/lang/python/docs/GPGMEpythonHOWTOen.org;e54b110aec3165a32ff9551d0c5227b88aa3dd4f$617

I am not sure whether this is the cause of the problem, but usually
it is not recommended to have such a mix on source code.
I think that Emacs can be configured to convert automatically
tabs to white-spaces, but I don't know how this is done.