Debug symbols for libgpgme-11.dll

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 4 12:26:40 CET 2019

Hi,

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 8:35:26 PM CET Daniel Lo Nigro wrote:
> Is there somewhere I can get a debug build of the Windows version of the
> GPGME library (libgpgme-11.dll), or a PDB file containing the debug
> symbols? I'm hitting some access violations while using the library in my
> code, and would like to do some debugging

Sorry, currently there are no MSVC compatible debug symbols available. We
compile with GCC and the debug info is incompatible.

My suggestion is to run your code with an environment variable set like:

set GPGME_DEBUG=9;c:\tmp\gpgme.log

(assuming c:\tmp exists and is writable) this will show you a lot of what is
going on inside GPGME.

Access violations sound like maybe a NULL pointer variable where there should
not be one or an unterminated string. (Or random / uninitialized pointers
passed as we mostly check for NULL pointers).

Best Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, M.Gollowitzer, A.Heinecke.    Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-2104-4938799