Preserving non-central and privacy with a "permission recording keyserver" (was: Launching a new keyserver on keys.openpgp.org!)

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Jul 10 11:05:24 CEST 2019

On 09/07/2019 13:37, Michał Górny via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> Detection algorithms make little sense.  Do you really want to have
> different rules for people with common names, and with uncommon names?

Real names are not unique. For any given real name it is almost
guaranteed that someone else in the world has the same name. Real-name
impersonation is not a problem that the keyservers can or should solve -
we are just trying to prevent spam here, not act as an authority.

> How are you going to detect people on photo IDs?

Don't, just delete them all.

--
Andrew Gallagher