Privacy of real name

Rainer Perske rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jul 10 11:20:57 CEST 2019

Hello,

May be I miss the context (I do not follow this thread thoroughly) but
this remark ...

> Because if the real name is not enough to identify a person, it is
> not personal data.

... may not remain uncontested.

A real name like Thomas Müller might be not enough to identify a
person, because there are thousands of them but a real name like mine
(Rainer Perske) is enough. There are only two persons with this name
all over the world, one in Berlin (Germany) and one in Münster
(Germany), and only one of them (me) is likely to use OpenPGP.

So if you see some OpenPGP related datum connected with the name
"Rainer Perske" you can be quite certain that this datum belongs to me.

Whatever you do: A real name is a highly sensitive personal datum and
necessarily belongs to the data to be privacy protected. Please avoid
mistakes that could discredit OpenPGP in this context.

Best regards and thank you very much to all involved people for all
your commitment to OpenPGP!
--
Rainer Perske
Abteilung Systembetrieb und Leiter der Zertifizierungsstelle (WWUCA)

Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung
Rainer Perske
Röntgenstraße 7-13
48149 Münster

Tel.: +49 251 83-31582
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/Mitarbeiter/RainerPerske.shtml
Büro: Raum 006, Röntgenstraße 11
Lageplan: http://wwwuv2.uni-muenster.de/uniplan/?action=spot&gebnr=7474

Zertifizierungsstelle der Universität Münster (WWUCA):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31590
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ca at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/WWUCA/

Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31600 (Mo-Fr 7:30-17:30 Uhr)
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ziv at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/