Regular Expression Support

Heiko Schaefer heiko.schaefer at posteo.de
Tue Feb 18 12:58:21 CET 2020

On 2/18/20 10:09 AM, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
> On 18/02/2020 07:31, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
>> OpenPGP has support of regular expression with trust Signature packets.
>>
>> GnuPG 2.x only supports the feature when it can find regcomp/regexec
>> routines in system library.  On Windows, it is not supported.
>
> Isn't this a case of pathological featuritis? If nobody has screamed
> about the inconsistencies so far, it's a pretty good sign that nobody
> has any use for it. Burn it.

I've been working on tooling to help organizations set up signatures
between keys so they can more easily use the web of trust.
In this context, I plan to use Regular Expression (5.2.3.14) packets.

While testing, I recently stumbled over the problem that Windows builds
of GnuPG don't support this part of the RFC.
So Niibe's work on this would be very beneficial for me.

Regards,
Heiko