Regular Expression Support

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Feb 19 22:32:15 CET 2020

Hi all--

On Tue 2020-02-18 12:58:21 +0100, Heiko Schaefer via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> I've been working on tooling to help organizations set up signatures
> between keys so they can more easily use the web of trust.
> In this context, I plan to use Regular Expression (5.2.3.14) packets.

Heiko, it might be useful to point the list toward any documentation you
have about how you intend to use regular expressions in the context of
organization-based identity certification.

There has been a series of problems with the GnuPG implementation of
regexps even on those platforms where some portion of regex is
implemented, iirc.

Knowing which corners of regex (a complicated spec in itself!) are
actively supported would be pretty useful.

         --dkg