[BUG REPORT] openSUSE zypper failure with all gpg versions > 2.2.6

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 19 10:11:36 CET 2020

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:22, James Bottomley said:

>     gpg: Relax printing of STATUS_FAILURE.

That is a followup patch for fixing https://dev.gnupg.org/T3872

commit 0336e5d1a7b9d46e06c838e6a98aecfcc9542882
Author:     Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
AuthorDate: Fri Apr 6 17:32:08 2018 +0200

    gpg: Emit FAILURE stati now in almost all cases.

    * g10/cpr.c (write_status_failure): Make it print only once.
    * g10/gpg.c (wrong_args): Bump error counter.
    (g10_exit): Print a FAILURE status if we ever did a log_error etc.
    (main): Use log_error instead of log_fatal at one place.  Print a
    FAILURE status for a bad option.  Ditto for certain exit points so
    that we can see different error locations.
    --

    This makes it easier to detect errors by tools which have no way to
    get the exit code (e.g. due to double forking).

Can you please give me a pointer to libzypp so that I can check what is
done there?

Running

  GPGME_DEBUG=9:/foo/bar/gpgme.log  zypper

should give a large tracefile; I can can have a look at it if you like.

Shalom-Salam,