[Announce] GnuPG 2.2.20 released

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Mon Mar 23 00:10:46 CET 2020

On 2020-03-20 at 17:51 +0100, Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the availability of a new GnuPG release:
> version 2.2.20.

There appears to be a regression in handling keyserver directives, in
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf or on the command-line.

    % gpg --recv-key $my_key
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: Invalid URI

As near as I can determine, anything hkps: triggers this, as does
`keys.openpgp.org`, but if I can find another functioning non-HKPS HKP
keyserver, then I can use that.

For `keys.openpgp.org`, `hkp://`, `hkps://`, or bare hostname, all
trigger this.

I haven't yet found a common trigger to isolate this, unless it's
existence of MX records in DNS, which seems unlikely.

-Phil