regression handling keyserver directives

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 25 12:44:21 CET 2020

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 22:27, Phil Pennock said:

> } With verbose / debug-all / gnutls-debug 9

Just wanted to make sure and also to seed the search engines that using
"debug KEYWORDLIST" (try "help") is a better way to enable debugging.

> I'm using systemd's resolved as the DNS resolver, and do not have IPv6
> connectivity at home (sigh).

I checke the code and it does not seem to be a DNS issue.  also the
chnages related to dirmngr between 2.2.19 and 2.2.20 are minimal and not
related to your problem.

> time on this now to chase further, sorry.  (I saw the error switch to
> "Syntax error in URI" and do_parse_uri() trying to parse a URI from
> the 0xFingerprint, not seeing what I changed to cause _that_).

A candidate for GPG_ERR_INV_URI ("Invalid URI") is:

 - A HTTP proxy using "https:".  We support only "http:", "socks4:", and
   "socks5h".

Candidates for GPG_ERR_BAD_URI ("Syntax error in URI") are:

 - Well, a syntax errors.  Like bad characters, being longer that about
   10000 characters, bad escape sequences, or a binary Nul after
   de-escaping.

Sorry, for not beeing abale to provide more help.  Stepping though the
code would be the fastest way to track it down.

Shalom-Salam,