Build with --disable-gpg fails

John Scott jscott at posteo.net
Fri May 29 18:52:12 CEST 2020

On Friday, May 29, 2020 8:08:11 AM EDT Werner Koch wrote:
> Is there a special reason why you do this?
I didn't need the gpg binary, for my purpose I just needed a very minimal
gpgsm, Dirmngr and gpg-agent build that need not have OpenPGP support.
--disable-gpg shows both
config.status: creating tests/openpgp/Makefile
        GnuPG v2.2.20 has been configured as follows:

        Revision:  5094bb08e  (20628)
        Platform:  GNU/Linux (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

> > gcc -Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -Wpointer-arith -g -O2    ../../g10/gpg.c   -o
> > ../../g10/gpg
> > ../../g10/gpg.c:22:10: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory
>
> config.h is a built file; you forgot to run configure.
I did not, I ran configure to do --disable-gpg.
Doing ./configure --disable-gpg and running make in a fresh tree gets me the
error again.