GnuPG 2.3 Beta

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 23 08:36:05 CET 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:15, mlnl said:

> OK, have installed it under Debian Buster. Created a new test key with
> curve X448. Encrypt, verify and sign files in terminal works, the same
> with e-mails (with Claws Mail 3.17). Searching and importing your key
> over keyserver works. Works with Yubikey 4, Samhain HIDS, apt.

Thanks for testing.  What ist the Samhain HIDS - it does sound not like
an OpenPGP card so you used it with S/MIME?

> Passphrase caching with Claws Mail doesn't work, i have to give the
> passphrase every time.

That is strange because the caching is done in gpg-agent and independent
of the Pinentry or an application using GnuPG (via GPGME in the Claws
case).  The most likely reason that it does not work is that the agent
has been stopped before the next operation was done.  I don't know why
but sometimes systemd's removal of the /run/users/UID directory is a
problem.

Can you please add

  log-file /somewhere/gpg-agent/log
  verbose
  debug ipc

into ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.log, restart  gpg-agent and try again.  The log
file should give some clues what's going wrong.  You may add "debug
cache" to trace the caching but I doubt that this is the case.

Shalom-Salam,