Update keys.gnupg.net?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 27 10:45:34 CEST 2021

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:45, Simon Josefsson said:

> many release announcements of GNU projects.  Is there anything better
> than that?  Of course, how to locate PGP keys for a single individual

The new default is the Ubuntu keyserver which seems to be the best
maintained one.  There is also the mayfirst server which I use regularly.

keys.gnupg.net was introduced even before the sks pools and allowed to
update the default keyserver for gnupg by changing the zone.  However
with the introduction of the sks pools and with TLS a CNAME did not
worked anymore and thus GnuPG was changed to use a hardwired mapping of
keys.gnuypg.net to the SKS pool

Web Key Directory seems to be the best fit but it does not allow to make
use of the Web of Trust.  But that is the same for keyservers also
(since some time).

Salam-Shalom,