Sending key to WKS manually

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:45:48 CET 2021

Hi,

Since Thunderbird dropped Enigmail (and the ability to automatically
handle key publishing to a WKS), I have tried to do this step
manually. I use mutt (instead of sendmail) because I need to
authenticate to the mail server. I am using a command like this:
----
 /usr/lib/gnupg/gpg-wks-client --create \
        AB97233AD0EB0180882D1227799020EF6FF16876 user3 at tst1.fs.al \
    | mutt -F .mutt/user3 at tst1.fs.al keys at tst1.fs.al
----

Here '.mutt/user3 at tst1.fs.al' contains SMTP and authentication details
and looks like this:
----
set from="user3 at tst1.fs.al"
set use_from="yes"
set smtp_url="smtp://user3@tst1.fs.al@smtp.tst1.fs.al:587/
set smtp_pass="pass3"
----

The key publishing request that arrives on the WKS server looks like
this: https://pastebin.com/S8Qc3pka

However I get this error on the logs:
----
gpg-wks-server: t2body for level 0
gpg-wks-server: command failed: Unexpected message
----

I have tried to process the request manually, adding the option
--verbose as well, but I don't get more details:
----
cat archive/new/'1615.....5F6_0.wks.tst1.fs.al,S=6250' \
    | sudo -H -u webkey \
         gpg-wks-server --directory /host/wkd --receive --send --verbose
gpg-wks-server: t2body for level 0
gpg-wks-server: command failed: Unexpected message
----

I suspect that mutt alters the request that is generated by
gpg-wks-client in a way that is unacceptable for gpg-wks-server, but
cannot say where the problem is.
Can you spot something wrong on the request: https://pastebin.com/S8Qc3pka ?

Thanks,
Dashamir