Apple M1 and libgcrypt 1.9.2

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Wed Mar 24 17:59:01 CET 2021

> On Mar 24, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:35 PM Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:53, Marius Schamschula said:
>>
>>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/7c793c22a4315ee01ae92ed7104cea4d6def1036/devel/libgcrypt/files
>>
>> You should never ever patch configure - that is a generated file.  So
>> this is just a temoporary kludge to make things build.
>
> That's actually a fairly clean fix for the break-fix cycle in this circumstance.
>
> The Apple M1's lack Libtool and Autotools, so they can't autoreconf if
> configure.ac is touched.

Why do you believe libtool and the autotools don’t exist on M1 machines?

Indeed, Werner is correct: fixing the configure.ac file is the better approach.

However, with macOS Big Sur the number of projects with implicit declaration errors is so large, we often do the quick fix.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula