Apple M1 and libgcrypt 1.9.2

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:03:12 CET 2021

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:59 PM Marius Schamschula
<lists at schamschula.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:35 PM Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:53, Marius Schamschula said:
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/7c793c22a4315ee01ae92ed7104cea4d6def1036/devel/libgcrypt/files
>
> You should never ever patch configure - that is a generated file.  So
> this is just a temoporary kludge to make things build.
>
> That's actually a fairly clean fix for the break-fix cycle in this circumstance.
>
> The Apple M1's lack Libtool and Autotools, so they can't autoreconf if
> configure.ac is touched.
>
> Why do you believe libtool and the autotools don’t exist on M1 machines?

The one I bought did not have them. I had to install libtool myself:

% command -v autoconf
% command -v autoreconf
% command -v libtool
/usr/bin/libtool
% command -v glibtool
/usr/local/bin/glibtool

> Indeed, Werner is correct: fixing the configure.ac file is the better approach.

Until you have to autoreconf and the tools are missing or too old...

Jeff