WKD: returns only one pubkey (and why)

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:44:25 CET 2022

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 5:54 PM Erich Eckner via Gnupg-devel <
gnupg-devel at gnupg.org> wrote:

> > However maybe what we can achieve is that WDK could ALSO cater to the
> > use-case of 2).  What do you think?
>
> just a quick comment: your proposal looks ok to me for WKD - but what
> about WKS? One would need a protocol to remove "old" keys from the "all
> keys" bundle. Does WKS already come with a mechanism for that? Or does it
> currently rely on replacing the old key with a new one?

As far as I understand, WKS is optional. It is one of the ways to build and
manage a WKD. But you can also build a WKD manually, or use a web form
(with authentication) where users can submit their key, etc.
So, despite the way that WKS works, it cannot be an obstacle for the second
use case.
Can WKS be extended to cover the second use case? Maybe not; but it doesn't
have to.

Dashamir