potential IETF WG incompatibility with GnuPG 2.3

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Tue Dec 20 11:38:51 CET 2022

Hi Bernhard and list,

 > and the WG decision to become incompatible with the previous drafts
 > were a big decision for the working group affecting
 > OpenPGP users, implementations and the wider ecosystem.

That is true. And the decision has not been made lightly.
As any WG work, this is a public process: There has been a lot of
discussion,
over a lengthy period of time, with input from many individuals and
projects.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/openpgp/PWp3ZcZ_qnDNLhuT-zR7gA2ddeg/

It's a complex topic and hard to do justice in summary.

In particular for Werner's side I'll admit I didn't really understand
what's going on.
Hence the concrete question here what the plans are for the future of
his concrete project.

Cheers

  - V