Including non-selfsigs in WKD?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 27 15:32:44 CEST 2022

Am Montag 25 Juli 2022 15:27:17 schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel:
>  gpg-wks-client uses
>
>   --export-options export-minimal which does
>
>    Export the smallest key possible. This removes all signatures except
>    the most recent self-signature on each user ID.

> I could imagine to add a feature to keep third-party signatures from
> keys which are flagged with fully trust.  However, this leaks the
> owneertrust information which we try to keep local.

I can also see that adding third party signatures to a pubkey
delivered by WKD is good.

It needs a way for users to control which signatures,
which the simplest would be all in my keyring up to a limit in numbers.
(This has the drawback that I cannot just update my own pubkey from
keyservers without some attendance. But I guess I shouldn't do this blindly
anyway.)

> A reliable keyserver network with lookup only by fingerprint seems to be
> a better solution to me.

Both would profit from each other.
(I think the web of trust still has some merits, although in a new form.)

Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter