Questions on gpg-wks-server

Gregor Düster gregor.duester at agdsn.de
Tue Apr 25 08:48:35 CEST 2023

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a Web Key Service and have
some questions on the behaviour of gpg-wks-server:

How does gpg-wks-server determines which domains should be processed?
My best guess would be it uses the top level directories for domains
(e.g. at the default /var/lib/gnupg/wks or at the path specified with -C).

Does gpg-wks-server strip UIDs from the submitted keys from domains that
are not configured?

How does gpg-wks-server deal with multiple user IDs in general?  Will it
send out multiple confirmation requests provided the domains are configured?

Does gpg-wks-server drop a publication request if a key has no UIDs with
any of the configured domains?

Kind regards

--
Gregor Düster

Arbeitsgemeinschaft Dresdner Studentennetz (AG DSN)

https://agdsn.de

StuRa der TU Dresden
AG DSN
Helmholtzstraße 10