Very first Beta of GnuPG 2.6 available

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 29 10:05:08 CEST 2024

Hi!

Gniibe and me have been working on PQC Support in GnuPG for some time
now.  Now we have a first Beta version available.  Because we have done
no releases of the supporting libraries yet, a tarball with all sources is
available:

https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/snapshots/gnupg/gnupg-w32-2.5.0-beta465_20240426.tar.xz

https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/snapshots/gnupg/gnupg-w32-2.5.0-beta465_20240426.tar.xz.sig

Don't mind the w32 - it is the tarball we usually provide with a Windows
installer.  Building the installer works too but needs some fine tuning.
Thus no binary yet.

Before you build, please make sure to install the patch elf utility.
Then run

  make -f build-aux/speedo.mk native

and follow the printed instructions.

To create a Kyber key, you need to first create a standard key and then
use

  gpg --quick--add-key <fingerprint> kyber

to add a Kyber encryption subkey.  You mal also use

ky1024_bp256 or ky768_cv448 to create other variants.  Sample keys are
also provided in gnupg/tests/openpgp/samplekeys.

Spec details will follow soonish.

Salam-Shalom,

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein