What's going on?

Horacio MG homega@ciberia.es (Horacio)
Wed, 17 May 2000 12:02:35 +0200

El mié, 17 de may de 2000, a las 10:01:04 +0200, Werner Koch dijo:

> This has to do with the German funding and the requirement, that we
> need a German manual soon.
Ha, so it's true that no ones gives nothing in exchange for nothing :)
> As soon as Peter thinks the current German version is stable, we
> should start to re-translate it and discuss the content. I hope Mike
> can help with that.
I don't know if Mike spoke any German. Anyway, remember de Winter? He translated the howto from German into Spanish, may be he should be contacted.
> Doing a verbatim translation might not always be the best way (e.g. we
> can use osther examples in Germany tha you can use in Spain or the
> U.S.).
Agreed, in which case, a German could translate into English in first instance, even if he gets it grammatically incorrect, and then an English put it right and so on. All this can be done here.
> > German is only good to ask for a glass of red wine (that's "ein
> > glass, rottschwein, bitte", richtig? ;)
>
> Better use "Rotwein" "rott-schwein" may sound a little bit like
> "red-pig" (it depends on the pronunciation) :-)
;) but I knew ... just trying to show what the manual could look like in Spanish if I tried to translate directly from German ...
> There are so many other things to do; but if there is a volunteer to
> translate the chnanges back to english and Peter agrees with thah, she
> can start with it.
Umh, a [de] -> [en] translator won't be that easy to find. Well, enough to know the project didn't split between German and The Rest of the World. Wim, I hope 'pserver' is working fine and you still have my key for it. I'll commit the changes some time today. Let me know if I have to send you my key again (0x42337AE6). Also, could you provide me with some statistics for mirroring GnuPG (both ftp and www), please? Saludos, -- Horacio Anno MMDCCLIII aUC homega@ciberia.es Valencia - ESPAÑA -------------------------------------------------------------------- Key fingerprint = F4EE AE5E 2F01 0DB3 62F2 A9F4 AD31 7093 4233 7AE6