What's going on?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 17 May 2000 10:01:04 +0200

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Horacio MG wrote:

> I've just realized that there's been a split(?) from the mainstream
> manual development ... or some such.
This has to do with the German funding and the requirement, that we need a German manual soon. So we have translated the manual and Peter did some work on it and enhanced it with some paragraphs for the computer science unaware users ;-). It is ewasy for us to do this in German and later translate it back to English. As soon as Peter thinks the current German version is stable, we should start to re-translate it and discuss the content. I hope Mike can help with that. Doing a verbatim translation might not always be the best way (e.g. we can use osther examples in Germany tha you can use in Spain or the U.S.).
> German is only good to ask for a glass of red wine (that's "ein glass,
> rottschwein, bitte", richtig? ;)
Better use "Rotwein" "rott-schwein" may sound a little bit like "red-pig" (it depends on the pronunciation) :-)
> into English, fine, but it would be nicer seeing how things are marching
> and perhaps getting a snapshot (ops! forgot this is a gnu zone) every
There are so many other things to do; but if there is a volunteer to translate the chnanges back to english and Peter agrees with thah, she can start with it. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email wk@OpenIT.de D-40233 Duesseldorf http://www.OpenIT.de