French translation partly broken (maybe?)

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Aug 19 21:53:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - KW 34 03:06 PM you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Somone reported on the Wald message board for Gpg4Win that the french
> >
> > translation of the pinentry passphrase dialog is broken:
> >  https://wald.intevation.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=3416&group_id=11
>
> Once bypassed the SSL certificate weirdness, one is expected to be logged
> in to see the message, could you please paste it here instead?

Uh login just to see the message, did not know this. Sorry. The report was
basically just the picture:

http://files.kolab.org/incoming/aheinecke/pinentry-fr.png

Text:
<quote>
Hi!
I've installed Gpg4Win 2.2.1 (2.2.2b37 gives the same result) on a Windows 7
machine, and it seems the pinentry program fails to correctly display the key
name for which the passphrase is requested, see attached PNG (which appeared
after entering a command like "gpg -s file.txt" from a command prompt).

Is there any workaround or anything wrong with my configuration?

Thanks for any help!
</quote>

> The argument order is not the same in every languages, see e.g.:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/c_002dformat-Flag.html
> #c_002dformat-Flag

thanks for clarifying this.

> > Can you please take a look at this? Or is this Ok in some gettext version
> > and we need to change something in gpg4win?
>
> I’m happy to have a closer look at the issue once I’ll now what it is
> about, but it may actually be a platform specific issue (not being a *win
> user, my knowledge is pretty limited here).

I guess if the pasted parameter order is valid (likely) then this is likely
something to debug for us. (First step would then be to check on a GNU/Linux
system ;-) )

Thanks,
Andre

--