French translation partly broken (maybe?)

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Aug 19 22:42:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - KW 34 04:26:48 PM David Prévot wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Le 19/08/2014 15:53, Andre Heinecke a écrit :
> > On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - KW 34 03:06 PM you wrote:
> >
> > Uh login just to see the message, did not know this. Sorry. The report was
> > basically just the picture:
> >
> > http://files.kolab.org/incoming/aheinecke/pinentry-fr.png
>
> It looks like the question I managed to display (correctly) with “gpg edit”:
>
> Une phrase de passe est nécessaire pour déverrouiller la clef secrète de
> l'utilisateur : « David Prévot <david at tilapin.org> »
> clef RSA de 4096 bits, identifiant B82A217AFDFE09F2, créée le 2010-11-23
>
> (it’s from a few lines under in the PO files, with a similar syntax).

Yes gpg -s would bring up also something like that. But in the meantime I
found out where ubuntu hides gnupg's translations  and can see for myself that
it is working.

> >> I’m happy to have a closer look at the issue once I’ll now what it is
> >> about, but it may actually be a platform specific issue (not being a *win
> >> user, my knowledge is pretty limited here).
> >
> > I guess if the pasted parameter order is valid (likely) then this is
> > likely
> > something to debug for us. (First step would then be to check on a
> > GNU/Linux system ;-) )
>
> Seems indeed like a platform specific issue, feel free to drive me into
> displaying the message you want with pinentry or alike if you need more
> input.

According to:
https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/c_002dformat.html#c_002dformat

Parameter reordering is something special but gettext "should" handle this by
using replacement functions on win32. Apparently this mechanism is somehow
disabled in our build. So indeed this is platform specific.

I'll take it from here.

Thanks,
Andre

--