GnuPG 0.9.10 interoperability with PGP 6.0.2i and 6.5.1

Phil Brooke Phil Brooke <pjb@mithlond.demon.co.uk>
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:53:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Looking through the documentation and various list archives, I can't see
something matching this problem, so I'll ask here.

User A is using GnuPG 0.9.10 on Linux.
User B is using PGP 6.0.2i on Win98.
User C is using PGP 6.5.1 on Linux.

All keys have been generated with default options (except for some
occasions of using longer keylengths).

User A can read encrypted and/or signed messages from user B.
User B can only read encrypted messages from user A, but cannot verify
signatures from user A.  (The error is `bad signature from....')
User C has the same problem as user B wrt user A.

Is this problem known, or have I missed something obvious?
If it's a problem, is there a fix or is someone looking into it?
(Otherwise, it's time to look into the problem more deeply myself.)

Cheers,

Phil.

--
Dr Phillip J. Brooke