Trusted... NOT!

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro@appi.com.br
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:14:08 -0300

--------------821305632C94656253A71534

Hi. I tried to use the --edit-key <person name> option in order to stop
gpg from giving me warnings about "non-trusted key". It showed the key
info, I gave the trust comand and then said I trust fully, exited and
when I tried to encrypt the same thing happened:

jcastro@juan:/home/jcastro>gpg -ea
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Enter the user ID: Bodo Moeller
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

1024R/5A6A9B85 1994-03-22 "Bodo Moeller
<3moeller@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>"
             Fingerprint: C7 AC 7E AD 56 6A 65 EC  F6 16 66 83 7E 86 68
28

It is NOT certain that the key belongs to its owner.
If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer
the next question with yes

Use this key anyway?

Please be kind and point me to my brain damage. :(

Thanx all,

--------------821305632C94656253A71534

begin:vcard
n:Castro;Juan
tel;work:55 (21) 540-9100
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.appi.com.br/jcastro
org:APPI Informática Ltda.;Desenvolvimento
adr:;;Av. Ataulfo de Paiva, 135/1410;Rio de Janeiro;RJ;22449-900;Brazil
version:2.1
email;internet:jcastro@appi.com.br
title:Consultor
note:One man alone cannot fight the future. USE LINUX!
x-mozilla-cpt:;28896
fn:Juan Carlos Castro y Castro
end:vcard

--------------821305632C94656253A71534--