GnuPG 0.9.10 interoperability with PGP 6.0.2i and 6.5.1

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:06:55 +0200

Phil Brooke <pjb@mithlond.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Ah, no, I was using the defaults. I thought that --force-v3-sigs was
> only needed for interoperability with PGP5.
Well I can't track all version of PGP >= 5. If you see PGP 5 please translate in your mind to PGP 5 and all later versions.
> But now I am confused -- can anyone suggest why some people can get
> good verifications of the test signature, when others get bad
> verifications?
The Tab problem? Some implementations don't know what White-Spaces are. The workaround code in gpg tries it's best but in some cases it fails. I am pretty sure that gpg now works OpenPGP correctly. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013