GnuPG 0.9.10 interoperability with PGP 6.0.2i and 6.5.1

Phil Brooke Phil Brooke <pjb@mithlond.demon.co.uk>
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:12:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Maitre Jedi Yoda wrote:

> Have you forced the V3 signs like it's written in the FAQ?
Ah, no, I was using the defaults. I thought that --force-v3-sigs was only needed for interoperability with PGP5. When I use that switch, I can get PGP6.5.1/Linux to verify the signatures, as can another user using PGP6.0.2 on Windows 9x.
But now I am confused -- can anyone suggest why some people can get good verifications of the test signature, when others get bad verifications? Phil. -- Dr Phillip J. Brooke pjb@mithlond.demon.co.uk http://www.mithlond.demon.co.uk/pjb/