Keyservers in Europe?

Jonas Steverud d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se
07 Dec 1999 11:55:45 +0100

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 10:41:35PM +0100
> Jonas Steverud wrote:
[...]
> I'd suggest to look for a stable one. From my experience the
> eu servers wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net and blackhole.pca.dfn.de
> are quite stable.
Thanks. My second question is now, how do I find out about a key ID when the person in question does not supply one? He only says in his (signed) articles "PGP key at a keyserver near you". Ask him? But in that case I might as well ask for the public key in the first place... % gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net --recv-keys email@site.com did not work (not very suprising). (I ask since there might be some cleaver "trick" that might be useful to know in the future.) -- ( GPG/PGP key @ www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ ! Wei Wu Wei ) ( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )