Keyservers in Europe?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:15:08 +0100

 On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 11:55:45AM +0100
 Jonas Steverud wrote:

> Ask him? But in that case I might as well ask for the public key in
> the first place...
>
> % gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net --recv-keys email@site.com
> did not work (not very suprising).
This does not work yet because this may yield many keys and some interactive sesion would be needed. Th easiest way to handle it is by using HTTP, e.g. lynx wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net and then fillout the form presented; you can also get this form and store it on your local machine. Select then one key, store it in a file (using the 'p' menu of lynx) and thena run gpg --import on this file. I clever way to handle this easier is by extending Lynx's p menu to pipe the data to gpg. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013