Troubles with GnuPG 0.9.3

Alexander Kotelnikov sacha@AK2614.spb.edu
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:08:29 +0300 (MSK)

Hi,
I have two problems using gpg:
1. verifying signature I get several warnings, I want to know how to avoid
them:
[d@ ~/trial]$ [d@ /tmp/DC]$ gpg --verify fc.asc
gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.3; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: Signature made Thu 25 Feb  1999 23:50:25 MSK using DSA key ID
98E96CB4
gpg: Good signature from "ccccc (c) <c@ak2614.spb.edu>"
! Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

! No path leading to one of our keys found.

! gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.

As I understand there are 3 warnings which I want to avoid.

2. The second problem is that I can't encrypt at all:

[d@ ~/trial]$ gpg -ea -r c@ak2614.spb.edu file
gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.3; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

It is NOT certain that the key belongs to its owner.
If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer
the next question with yes

Use this key anyway? y

gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: cipher 10 not found
secmem usage: 1408/1408 bytes in 3/3 blocks of pool 1408/16384
IOT trap/Abort

:(
So it is. gpg was configured with options --disable-nls --with-included-gettext I'd like to hear anything about if there ar ways to me to use gpg, of course I can't while encryption does not work :( _____ Alexander Kotelnikov Saint-Petersburg, Russia mailto:sacha@ak2614.spb.edu