Signature messing with compression?

J Horacio MG Horacio <homega@vlc.servicom.es>
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:32:04 +0200

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

I've been having problems with the following:

I've several times attempted to send a mail with an attached compressed
(gzip'd) file, and then sign the message.

Since I'm using Mutt, it's a PGP/MIME type of signature.  The receiver
of the message hasn't been able to properly uncompress the .gz file on
arrival, getting some sort of errors.  I finally resorted to not signing
the message, which worked fine.

At first glance, I can only assume that the signing process could be
messing up with the contents of the mail somehow.  I haven't tried
encrypting instead of signing.

Can anyone confirm this point?

TIA
--=20