encrypting and signing for pgp2

Michael Roth Michael Roth <mroth@nessie.de>
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:14:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Werner Koch wrote:

> It is possible to do this with another tool (Michael, can pgpgpg do
> that?):
>
> 1. create the signed file
> 2. cut off the signature and move it to the begin
> 3. encrypt this file
Hmm, is it not enough to do the following? 1. Read all data from stdin and write it to a tempfile. 2. Sign the tempfile. 3. Encrypt the signed file. When yes, pgpgpg will do this in one of the next releases. (However, the next release of pgpgpg will take some weeks, because I'm working on the GnuPG abstraction layer called Privacy Guard Glue [1]). cu Michael [1] If you interessed in these two things, take a look at www.nessie.de/mroth/pgg/ and www.nessie.de/mroth/pgpgpg/