strange trust

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:41:49 +0200

Holger Schurig <holger@holger.om.org> writes:

> holger:/var/tmp/x$ gpg --list-keys --with-colons | grep urs
> gpg: NOTE: this is a development version!
> pub:f:1024:1:1265276E0CB40851:1995-03-28::83:-:Urs RAU <<urs.rau@uk.om.org>>:
> uid:q::::::::Urs RAU:
> uid:q::::::::Urs RAU <UrsRau@xc.org>:
> uid:q::::::::Urs RAU <urs@uk.om.org>:
> uid:q::::::::Urs RAU <ursr@uk.om.org>:
> uid:f::::::::Urs RAU <urs.rau@uk.om.org>:
>
> Is this just cosmetic or is this an indicator to an underlying problem?
Some versions ago I have change the trust model so that it now validates a key on a user-id basis. This is the same model as PGP uses. The validity of a key is therefore associated with the user-id and calculated for each user-id. The value display after "pub:" is simply the maximum value of all user-ids. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013