sending keys

Ben Woodard ben@valinux.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:42:12 -0700

Excuse me for being a bit clueless. I am very new to all this
crytography stuff but I have come to a place where I actually have a
compelling reason to use it.

What am I doing wrong?

[ben@wythe ben]$ gpg --keyserver keyserver.net --send-key ben
gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.7; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: can't connect to `keyserver.net': Success
[ben@wythe ben]$ gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.net --send-key ben
gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.7; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: can't connect to `hkp://keyserver.net': Success