Problem loading rsa / idea / skipjack extensions into gpg 1.0 on Solaris 7

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:13:07 +0000

[ Please don't Cc: me - I'm on the list]

John A. Perry writes:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> > Well, I'm running on Solaris 7, with rsa and idea, and have no
> > problems at all.
> >
> > If you comment out the extensions, does gpg --version work?
> > What is your setting for LD_LIBRARY_PATH? I don't use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > on Solaris.
>
> Yes. It will work if I comment out the options or compile GPG statically.
> I was using -Wl -dy.
>
> So what's the difference? We have one report of it NOT working under
> Solaris 7. Mine doesn't work under 2.5. Yet you seem to be ok. What
> options did you use?
Good point. I just did a fresh install to be sure. $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable. $ tar xzf gnupg-1.0.0.tar.gz $ cd gnupg-1.0.0 $ CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib' ./configure --enable-static-rnd=none --disable-nls The CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS are there so that the compiler/linker picks up zlib.h and libz.a in /usr/local. I'm using --enable-static-rnd=none, and load-extension rndegd in ~/.gnupg/options. $ gmake check ... $ ./g10/gpg --version gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.0 Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details. Supported algorithms: Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160 idea/rsa were compiled _exactly_ as described in the source and installed into /usr/local/lib/gnupg, along with rndegd rndlinux rndunix tiger. That's all. gcc is version 2.95.2, and I'm not using GNU as/ld, but the system tools from /usr/ccs/bin. Out of the box.