non self-signed RSA PGP keys

Zygo Blaxell eayhfhbo@umail.corel.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:12:23 GMT

Signed message created at Tue Nov 23 11:11:33 1999 by zblaxell@lain

------------=_943373485-1034-0

I was trying to verify an X-Force PGP-signed message the other day.
Here is the key and my attempt to import it:

zblaxell@lain:~$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.0
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Supported algorithms:
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG

zblaxell@lain:~$ gpg --import=20
^D
gpg: key 7DF5E1BD: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

Assuming that I can verify this key some other way (or that I trust one
of the certificates attached to the key on www.keyserver.net), is there
any reason why gpg should not be able to import this key?=20=20

Currently I cannot import this key into gpg at all, which means I can't
even lsign it.

--=20
I don't speak for Corel. zygob@corel.ca at work, zblaxell@furryterror.org
at play.  GPG-encrypted email preferred at zblaxell@feedme.hungrycats.org