can't get key from keyserver: Connection refused

Raju K V rajukv@wipinfo.soft.net
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:09:39 +0530

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

hi,

I have the same problem. Is it because I am behind a firewall? But I can
use lynx and wget to access the net.
Is there a way by which I can get gpg to use mail to get the public key
of a person rather than trying to get it thru direct connection? By sending=
 mail to=20
pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net for eg.?

Thanks in advance,
Raju

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:00:14PM +0100, Virgilio Sanz [vsanz@el-mundo.net=
] wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I'm having the same problem with all the keyservers I've used. I
> believe the problem is that gnupg doesn't know how to connect via proxy.
> I have my HTTP_PROXY environment variable set but it doesn't help
> either.
>=20
>=20
> El vie, 26 de nov de 1999, a las 10:52:08 +0100, Werner Koch dijo:
> > Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie> writes:
> >=20
> > >=20
> > > gpg: Signature made Tue Nov 23 06:58:18 1999 GMT using DSA key ID XXX=
XXXXX
> > > gpg: requesting key XXXXXXXX from wwwkeys.pgp.net ...
> > > gpg: can't get key from keyserver: Connection refused
> >=20
> > Some key servers are down quite often. Try to figure out one that is=
=20
> > more stable and use it's address (e.g. wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net,
> > blackhole.pca.dfn.de many more but those are the ones I use)
> >=20
> > > Is there any way to test the resp. keyserver from the command line,
> > > e.g. telnet port 80 and issue <command>?
> >=20
> > $ nc -v host 11371
> >=20
> > And then issue HTTP commands. I think a short explanation is in doc/DE=
TAILS.