can't get key from keyserver: Connection refused

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:52:08 +0100

Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie> writes:

> gpg: Signature made Tue Nov 23 06:58:18 1999 GMT using DSA key ID XXXXXXXX
> gpg: requesting key XXXXXXXX from wwwkeys.pgp.net ...
> gpg: can't get key from keyserver: Connection refused
Some key servers are down quite often. Try to figure out one that is more stable and use it's address (e.g. wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net, blackhole.pca.dfn.de many more but those are the ones I use)
$ nc -v host 11371 And then issue HTTP commands. I think a short explanation is in doc/DETAILS. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013