Still stuck

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:55:31 +0200

Chris <Chris@mcg-graphics.com> writes:

> I have PGP freeware 5.5 installed on my windows machine and i have the
> version 5 RPM on my server could some one please give me some
> instructions on how to generate my key on the server then extract both
> the private and public keys so i can use it on my windows email client
I don't know much about PGP 5 but probably you have to use "pgp -kg" With GnupG you do it this way: gpg --gen-key gpg --export-secret-key user-id >secret.gpg gpg --export user-id >public.gpg And then use the import option on your client (gpg: gpg --import) -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013