Fetching keys from key servers?

Mark H. Wood mwood@IUPUI.Edu
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:17:31 -0500 (EST)

Hmmm...auto-fetching by key ID works just fine for me, with pine and
pgp4pine.  The only trouble I have is with the large number of people
whose keys use unfree encryption types. :-(

(That and being a newbie who hasn't actually made himself a node in the
web-of-trust yet, so valid keys are still unverifiable.  How does one find
already-trusted people with whom to exchange signatures, aside from just
asking all of one's acquaintances "are you one too?" :-)  Every
key-signing party I ever heard about seems to be in another state and
likely composed entirely of people I've never met.)

A Brazil-nut is neatly packaged and tightly integrated.  To turn it into
food, you must crack and remove the shell.  I find that I feel the same
way about an increasing number of software products.  *sigh*