Fetching keys from key servers?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:21:37 +0200

Matti Airas <mairas@iki.fi> writes:

> Are there any plans to make gnupg support fetching keys from key
> servers using user ID as the search criteria? The current method of
> supporting key ID's only is not too useful, since for the trouble of
> looking for the key ID is as big as fetching the keys manually.
Yes, sure. The current solution is just there to play with the HKS protokoll ;-). We won't to move the network code out of gpg and create an extra tool (like urlview from Mutt) to communicate with keyservers. I might hack 1.0 later to support this but the real thing will be done during the 1.1 development. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013