Importing non-self-signed keys

André Dahlqvist andre@beta.telenordia.se
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 01:39:30 +0200 (CEST)

I am having major problems importing public PGP keys with GnuPG
(version 1.0.0.) Importing keys created with GnuPG works just fine
however. PGP 2.6.X keys do not work at all, but I guess this is a known
fact due to licensing troubles?

I have had no luck importing PGP 4 and 5 keys neither, GnuPG tells me this
can be due to the fact that these keys are not self-signed. Is there a way
around this, or can only self-signed keys be imported? Lots of people seam
to forget to sign their own keys, it's a good thing it's done automatically
with GnuPG:-)

I also tried importing a RSA and a DSS/Diffie-Hellman key, but then I got
the message "invalid armor header". What does this mean?

Thankful for any help.

André