signature verification in 1.0?

Steve Nunez snunez@tibco.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:44:56 +0800 (SGT)

Hi folks,

I've had gnupg/vm/mailcrypt running for a few days now and am happy
with the results (thanks guys!). I'm able to encrypt and decrypt files
with no problems. Recently I began testing the signing facilities, but
found there to be a problem. Mailcrypt was failing each time I sent
myself a message and tried to verify it, so using the Mini-howto, I've
tried it on a file, like so:

dev% gpg --clearsign foo

so far, so good. I've now got a foo.asc file, just like in
mailcrypt. Now try to verify the signature:

dev% gpg --verify foo.asc
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep 14 16:51:30 1999 SGT using DSA key ID A901627E
gpg: BAD signature from "Steven Nunez (Tibco email account) <snunez@tibco.com>"

Am I doing something wrong here?

Cheers,
	- SteveN