Importing PGP 2.6.3ia public keys into keyring.

Jonas Steverud d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se
14 Sep 1999 17:37:41 +0200

New to the list, new to gpg/pgp, could not found answer in list
archive or in documentation. Gpg 1.0.0

~/ > finger -l afriendofmine@his.work.com | gpg --import
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: key 567DEDED: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key 567DEDED: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

~/ > finger -l afriendofmine@his.work.com
[...]
Plan:
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/567DEDED 1996/11/06 His Name <afriendofmine@his.work.com>

So, how do I tell gpg to add his key? (I could ask him to use gpg but
that would be the easy solution...)

BTW, can I use mailcrypt 3.14 as is with gpg or does it need some
configuration?

/Jonas, starting to use encryption since gpg has arrieved.
--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )