Setting Primary UID

Lazarus Long lazarus@overdue.ompages.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:05:51 +0000

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 12:19:58PM -0700, L. Sassaman wrote:

 > key with the most recent primary key flag sub-signature bit set, and treat
 > that as primary. That solves all the problems associated with this.

Sorry to differ here. (the word "all")

I've had to create new UIDs in the past, due to temporary email
addresses and a variety of other situations.  Many times I have desired
to *not*-change the primary UID or to change it to one that is not the
most-recently-created.  In an ideal world, I would have the option of
specifying this.

Do I consider this a show-stopper problem with GnuPG?  Not at all. :-)
But it definitely can be a frustration for the person wrestling with this.

--
Please (OpenPGP) encrypt all mail whenever possible. Request the following
Public Keys for Lazarus Long <lazarus@overdue.ompages.com>

  Type    Bits/KeyID    Fingerprint                   DSA KeyID: vvvv vvvv
ElGamal: 2048g/41783186 47A0 0929 CD9F B53E 49C0  F06C 560E F574 ED0D F80C

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--