Decrypting programmatically.

jesse.oneill.oine jesse@quasistatic.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:24:16 -0500 (CDT)

GNUPG Users,

I'm working on a personal project that involves moving PGP encrypted files
back and forth between a couple of FTP servers.  I am able to encrypted
the files in my application by just executing a sub-process that passes
all relevant commands via the command line.  My problem is that I cannot
decrypt the files in my application because there seems to be no way of
passing the "pass phrase" via the command line.  I know that other
versions of PGP have a "-z passphrase" option that will allow you to
decrypt a file without the interactive passphrase gathering.  Is there a
way to do this with GNUPG?  I'd really like to be able to use this
product, as it seems to work very good, but I have to be able to decrypt
the files from within my Java application.  I don't want to have to buy
the PGP Business Edition, but that seems to be the only way to
accomplish what I need.  Any ideas?  This is currently a personal project,
but licensing is a concern if I have to use PGP instead of GNUPG.

Please CC jesse@quasistatic.com on any replys, as I'm not currently a
member of this mailing list.

Thank you for any insight.

Jesse O'Neill Oine