GPL & GnuPG

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:10:51 +0200

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Jens wrote:

> GPL means - as far as I understand it - that everyone is free to use the
> product for whatever reason one wants. This is also valid for commercial
> use and even for creating licensing keys.
>
> Sorry to say that, but GPL means freedom.
Yes. I simply expressed that I am not very happy about that usage. But I can't and will never decide who is going to use a software; that is simply not up to me. There are many other usage patterns I certainly don't like (miltitary usage) and which I won't support either voluntary or paid. There is a big difference between supporting a software and allowing to use it. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email wk@openit.de D-40233 Duesseldorf http://www.openit.de